WE'RE MOVIN' ON UP...

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

CHANNING TATUM FOR DUMMIES:
Where can I buy the DVD for Channing Tatum's movie A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints?


I am starting to think it's some kind of consipracy. I can't tell you how many times I have gotten this question since Channing's movie A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints came out on DVD February 20th in the US. It's almost like the movie company doesn't want us to see it or something, because the normal stores (i.e. Target, Walmart) don't have copies yet or ordered a small number of copies.

Even people in the major cities (i.e. Los Angeles - movie capital of the world) are having trouble finding it. I guess it wasn't enough that the movie had a very limited theatrical release in the US. Now they are making it just as difficult to get the movie on DVD too. What kind of backwards logic is that? I thought the goal was to make it easier for people to see the movie, not harder.

I personally bought my copies of the movie from Amazon.com. So if you have not been able to find a copy in your local stores and are impatient like me, I suggest you try to buy online from any reputable store. In case you are still on the fence on whether you should get the movie or not, you should read the glowing review of AGTRYS at MoviewWeb.com by the popular Evan "Mushy" Jacobs and then make your decision.

I have also had CTU readers from Canada and Australia ask me when or if the movie will premiere in those countries. I have heard a rumor that there is a Canadian release March 6th, but I have not gotten any information that can confirm that date. Canadians can actually buy the DVD on Amazon (Canada). Studios don't normally have theatrical releases after a DVD releases, so Canadians may have to buy the DVD to see the movie.

Australia had a limited release in November of 2006, so I will need to see when the DVD will release there. Currently, the DVD has only been released in the US, US Territories and Canada regions. I will let you know if I am able to get any definitive answers.

The only two other theatrical release dates that I know right now are the UK and Ireland on March 2nd and Italy on March 9th. If any CTU readers have information about release dates in Canada or Australia (or any country for that matter), please leave a comment here or send me an email to answers@channingtatumunwrapped.com.

As a side note, I will be posting new pictures of Channing and Jenna later today from this weekend's festivities, so stay tuned to Channing Tatum Unwrapped!! :-)

No comments: