WE'RE MOVIN' ON UP...

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

BLAST FROM THE PAST: 'Step Up' Star Finds Footing

I just found this short Channing Tatum interview done last year for the release of 'Step Up'. I liked it, because we get to learn whether Channing thinks he's a lover or a fighter, and we learn one fact that he thinks would shock his fans. Enjoy!



'Step Up' Star Finds Footing

That Channing Tatum is genetically blessed is hardly up for debate. But now, the chiseled Abercrombie & Fitch model is also a bona fide box-office draw, with his dance love story Step Up grossing a surprising $20.7 million over the weekend. In the flick, Tatum's bad-boy rebel busts a move with a dainty ballerina, played by Jenna Dewan. On Monday, Tatum, 26, called from the Austin set of an untitled Kimberly Peirce drama, in which he plays a soldier, to discuss making love and war on the big screen.

Q: With Step Up's success, you're a movie star. How's it going today?

A: I feel like I'm about to wake up from this dream. Like it's some big practical joke. It's so surreal right now.

Q: Dancing, as we know, isn't for wimps. Was it tough for you to learn?

A: I did fall on my head once, but no one got hurt. Jenna bruised her rib doing one lift. We were practicing it, and I bruised her rib a little bit. You're always sore and have bruised knees.

Q: And Jenna is your girlfriend in real life, right?

A: I don't know what you're talking about. Nice try. She's an amazing girl.

Q: You're playing a soldier, alongside Ryan Phillippe (Crash, Gosford Park), in the movie you're shooting now. How's that going for you?

A: I'm having the time of my life. I'm getting to play war. It's a crash course on amazing material. Ryan's a genius. This kid is teaching me so much — how to prepare for a film, just getting to watch him. He's just classy and thinks everything out really well. He's a polite kid.

Q: So which are you: a lover or a fighter?

A: I'm definitely a lover, but I don't mind scrapping at all. I consider myself a lover. You gotta have a little bit of both, so I try to find a middle ground.

Q: What would your fans be shocked to learn about you?

A: I like to bowl. I can handle myself on the lane!

Source: USAToday.com


Love Channing Tatum?
Stay in the Know...Subscribe to Channing Tatum Unwrapped: Email | RSS

No comments: