WE'RE MOVIN' ON UP...

Monday, January 8, 2007

CHANNING TATUM FOR DUMMIES:
How can I (legally) buy Channing Tatum?

Have you ever looked at Channing Tatum and said "I'd like a piece of that!". Well, here's your chance...There’s this web site I found called the Hollywood Stock Exchange that actually let’s you buy pieces (aka shares) of Channing Tatum (and many other stars) as if you are buying stock in a company.

Personally, my eyes glaze over when people start talking about the real stock market, but I have to say that the prospect of being able to buy a little of the American Dream (aka Channing Tatum) peaked my interest. I have absolutely no association with this site, but I decided to share my findings with you all.

I always hear in the media about a star’s “stock” rising or falling based on their last successful movie or show or their last embarrassing club appearance getting out of a car without their undies. Well this site takes that concept to the next level. The Hollywood Stock Exchange is a lot like the real stock market (but don’t hold that against them).

You can buy shares of your favorite actors and their movies. You then watch the actor’s stock value (aka what they are worth) rise and fall based on their success. You see the star’s prices sore if their movie has a big opening at the box office or go through the floor if no one sees their movie. They even give people research tools to help you make the best buy. If you get nothing else out of this, the tools they provide are great sources of information for the celebrity watcher.

So what does all of this mean to the average fan? Well when you create a free account, they give you virtual money. Then you get to buy stock in popular actors and movies. You can buys stars like Johnny Dep, Angelina Jolie, Ben Affleck, etc. etc.. I of course bought as much of Channing (Stock Symbol: CTATU) as I could afford with my free virtual money, because in a crazy way, it made me feel a little closer to him. :-) Then as his stock rises or falls, my net worth rises or falls. (Have I lost you yet?)

Other then getting to say that you own a piece of uber hottie Channing Tatum, you are probably wondering why would any sane person do this. Well once you earn enough, you get to use your money to order “free” stuff from the site. Nothing is truly free, because you do pay shipping and handling. If you are really in need of another t-shirt, mug or hat, this may be an attractive incentive to you.

So if you want to be able to brag to your friends that you own Channing Tatum (and not be a liar), you may want to take a little trip to the Hollywood Stock Exchange. If you try to get a piece of him ANY other way, you may be taking a little trip to jail. Between you, me and my attorney, I think this site is probably a safer choice. (just joking...sort of) :-P


==========================================
If you have a question about Channing Tatum feel free to email us at questions@channingtatumunwrapped.com and we will do our best to get it answered for you!

No comments: