WE'RE MOVIN' ON UP...

Saturday, September 1, 2007

CTU EXCLUSIVE NEWS FLASH: Channing Tatum Shoots Amazing Cameo in 'Step Up 2: The Streets'

A dancer on the set of 'Step Up 2: The Streets' said that Channing Tatum shot his cameo on the film in Baltimore, Maryland Thursday and I am told by Chan's camp that he will be working on the film through the weekend before going back to New York to work on his next film.

From what I have learned about the dance scene, it is obvious that Chan did not take my "just stand there and breathe" advice. I'm guessing the director wanted a lttle more out of him than that. Actually, as you will see, the director want A LOT more out of him.

I am also starting to see why Chan said he was a little nervous about his dance scene in the movie. My source, a person associated with the film that stars Rob Hoffman and Briana Evigan, said that Channing is "a very very very nice guy who is not stuck up at all."

He also said that Chan talked to everyone, ate with everyone and did not show any diva-like traits common to celebrities these days. I have to say that I'm inclined to believe him, since that's what everyone who works with Chan seems to say about him.

My source had this to this to say about Channing's performance in his cameo filmed Thursday,

"...He filmed his dance scene today..its CRAZY..he uses trampolines in a dance club and does insane flips and tricks..an amazing dance performance. Channing does a backflip off a DJ booth, its probably a 12 foot jump..pretty crazy."

I was also able to get a few more juicy details from my source...he says Chan dances on trampolines in a big dance number at a fictional club called 'Dragon Club'. Girls dressed in skimpy uniforms enter the dance floor, lift hidden panels off the floor, and presto, trampolines appear. Chan then procedes to do insane flips and crazy tricks, all without any stunt double.

Chan's dance number is with Briana Evigan who also does flips and tricks off the trampolines. My source says we "are going to love this dance number..its very good and quite amazing."

The only bad thing was that poor Briana Evigan hurt her knee filming this scene and was on crutches for the rest of the day. Hopefully Briana is OK now!

Here are some pictures from the set that my source sent to me:

Channing Tatum's backflip Stand-in on the DJ Booth and Chan is on the right sitting in white shirt.



Choreographer Jamal Sims working with Channing Tatum.

Channing Tatum with Briana Evigan in the club scene.

And if that's not enough for you, here is an awesome video showing a small part of the 'Step Up 2: The Streets' dance scene with Chan and Briana Evigan:


Find this video and thousands of others at vSocial!


OK it's obvious 'Step Up 2: The Streets' has taken it up a few notches and decided to top Channing's famous car flip with even more hard core tricks that could help you win in a street dance battle. I'm just glad he didn't hurt himself, but I am sure it will make for another extremely enjoyable dance scene!

In case I have not said this enough, I am sooooooo excited about this movie and Chan's cameo! OMG I can't wait until February 14th!!!

Thank you so much to my source for sharing the great info and pics with Chan's fans!!!! Stay tuned to Channing Tatum Unwrapped for all of the juicy on and off set news strait from 'Step Up 2: The Streets'!!!

Love Channing Tatum?
Stay in the Know...Subscribe to Channing Tatum Unwrapped: Email RSS

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! I SOOOOO NEED TO WATCH THAT MOVIE!!!! Thank god Channing wasn't injured or something! Ahhh... I love him! :-D Great that he's in SU2!!

Vienna

Anonymous said...

OMG, cant believe dat Channing had 2 do tricks on trampolines, so glad he didnt hurt himself.
Cant wait 2 c Step Up 2, its sounds amazin!!!
Go Channing!!

Naz

Anonymous said...

lmao!!! trampoline!!! i bet even if he did get hurt he'd be laughing his butt off like i would!!!

in other news: can't wait for this movie...go figure it comes out on Valentine's Day

Anonymous said...

AHHHHH!!!!!!! PICTURES!!!! LOVE THEM!!!!! Thanks to the source!!

Vienna

Anonymous said...

CHAN ACTUALLY JUMPS OFF A DJ BOOTH. N NOW DERS PICS, SOOOOOOO LUV DEM, OMG SERIOUSLY CANT WAIT 2 C SU2, AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

NAZ

Anonymous said...

OMG OMG OMG
DAT VID IS BLOODY AWESUM, DIS POST KEEPS GETIN BETA, AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
ALL DOES FLIPS R TIGHT, I'M ABSOLUTELY LUVIN DA VID.

NAZ

Anonymous said...

Quishe, please tell your source that the video is fantastic and that alone will certainly insure that Channing will have a dynamite opening weekend for SU2!
Great job as always!
Jan

Anonymous said...

i only have one thing to say:
can'twaitcan'twaitwan'twaitcan'twaitcan'twaitcan'twaitcan'twaitcan'twaitcan'twaitcan'twaitcan'twaitcan'twait!!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! A VIDEO!?!?!?! IT'S JUST GETTING BETTER AND BETTER!!!! AHHHH!! HEARTATTACK!!!

Vienna

Anonymous said...

lol again i totally "flipped" when i watched it!! way to go chan!! im so gonna invite you if ever i open my own bar!! please say u'll come!!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THE NEW POST!! i havent seen the vid yet coz of my decade-old-pc at home.. but ive seen the pics already all i can say is THANK YOU SO MUCH TO "THE SOURCE"!!!

You are the best! and Thanks quishe for sharing these infos with us! i cant wait to watch the vid tomorrow! i hope SU2 will be shown here in the Phils,if not, imma have to watch out for it in the video stores!!!

Thanks to "the source" again, and Thanks Quishe for sharing the pics with is.. If ever you get to email Chan again, please say that We are all relieved he didnt get hurt while filming.


Take care my Chan Fam, and Channing of course, love lots!

Chan fan,

Tina

Anonymous said...

it probably have been already asked, but does jenna will do a cameo too ?

Anonymous said...

by the way, i'm glad he didn't miss the trampoline when he let himself fail for the first time ^^ it would have been a pity .. ^o^

Blog Expert said...

As far as I know, Jenna will not be doing a cameo in SU2. She is currently filming another movie in NY and I doubt they would release her for it. They were not even able to release her to attend the Teen Choice Awards.

Anonymous said...

i just saw the vid and OMG!! Channing is soooooo HOT!.. he's wearing his trademark white loose shirt and cap just like in the first SU.. and OMG, the trampoline scenes? I was holding my breath the entire video. im really glad he wasnt hurt in any way.. I LOVE his back flips and stuff!!

CHANNING YOUR THE GREATEST DANCER THERE IS!! CAn you teach me some moves?

Anonymous said...

Well, I hope the source enjoys his fifteen minutes of fame, since he's probably the videographer that got busted on set, kicked out of the SCreen Actors Union, and is being sued by Disney. As for Step Up 2, it's going to be a hell of a dance movie, and the finale just kicks!

Blog Expert said...

OMG are you kidding? I guess they won't be doing that again.

On a happier note, I can't wait to see Step Up 2.