WE'RE MOVIN' ON UP...

Saturday, March 24, 2007

The Lost Channing Tatum Interview: 2007 Film Independent Spirit Awards

OK maybe this Channing Tatum interview I just found hidden on Film Independent's website that is broken up into three separate questions was not totally lost...I mean, I'm sure someone knew where it was.

I thought I combed their site for anything and everything Channing last month and I did not find the videos then. Not that it's important, I just think they might have been added them after the February awards show where Channing was nominated for Best Supporting Male Actor for his ground-breaking role as Antonio in A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints. (Click here to see the results and pictures of Channing and girlfriend Jenna from the recent show.)


Here is what we learn in the interview:
  • How Channing convinced writer and director Dito Montiel that he was right for the part of Antonio in A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints even though he did not look anything like the real-life person he was portraying,
  • How Channing feels that A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints has opened more doors to him, and
  • How he likes to play roles where the character is very misunderstood so he can use his acting ability to help people get a better understanding of the character and why they are who they are, regardless if the person is good or bad.
Here are the three videos that make up the one "lost" interview:
After you view each video, you can click the "Back" button on your browser to get back to CTU to view the next video.


Love Channing Tatum?
Stay in the Know...Subscribe to Channing Tatum Unwrapped: Email | RSS
Digg Channing Tatum Unwrapped!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thx for letting us know about this interview...You always let us know about anything and everything about Channing Tatum, but 4 some reason (I don't know why because I love all of his interviews) I just love this interview so much I had to thank you....So Thx!!!

Blog Expert said...

I am glad you liked it. I was really happy when I found it, because I had not seen it before. I think the reason why I love this interview so much is because it just seems so personal. Channing also seems so humble about the fact that he was nominated. You can't help but love the fact that he seems so real and is not pretentious like a lot of other actors can be. I just hate he did not win the award, but I am sure his future roles will give him plenty of opportunity.

Unknown said...

I agree when you say it seems so personal..I just didn't think that sounded right when he was talking about the movie during most of the interview giving some of the basic responses to basic questions that he has answered in his other A.G.T.R.Y.S. interviews...I dont know, I just think when he said the work f***, that word seemed so personal....LOL, like it is a word he feels confortable saying just on a normal day without cameras, hanging out with his friends...it also showed Channing's bad side in a way when he said that word.

Blog Expert said...

Yeah I was really surprised when he used the word. It made me know that is was obviously not a canned answer. You just don't plan that. He was just speaking from the heart without all of that publicist-driven mumbo-jumbo. I wish more actors could do that. It would make interviews a lot more interesting. I am sure his honesty had a lot to do with the fact that he was being interviewed for the Spirit Awards (as opposed to the stuffy Oscars). You get to be more free when Film Independent is involved.

Unknown said...

He always seems so genuin in his interviews. I like his honesty.