WE'RE MOVIN' ON UP...

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

FAN ENCOUNTER: Channing Tatum Hanging Out with Fans at Pre-Oscar Party

Although I don’t think Channing Tatum attended the 80th Annual Academy Awards ceremony, thanks to Fabulous Channing Tatum Fan Hilarry we now know that he scored an invite to the star-studded Pre-Oscar party thrown at the Beverly Hills Hotel on Saturday night.

And being the fan friendly celebrity that Chan is, he was more than willing to take this photo with Hilarry and her friend Jaimi.

Below you will notice that I kept most of Hilarry's story and highlighted the Channing parts. Her celebrity encounters that night were pretty amazing, and I thought you all might enjoy reading it. Here’s how it all went down…

"...Later that night, we decided to go to the Beverly Hills Hotel where the "Night Before" the Oscars party was being held, to see if we could spot any celebs in the lobby. I don't know what we were expecting but it exceeded our wildest dreams!

We didn't even think we would be able to get in but we just waltzed right up the red carpet and into the hotel! It was so crazy. There were obviously no paps there and there were only a few other people in the lobby who were not celebs! We were kind of standing around in the lobby for a minute or two when we realized we were standing next to Cher! Random! Within 5 minutes, GEORGE CLOONEY walked right by us!! A minute or so after that, JENNIFER ANISTON and ORLANDO BLOOM walked by!!! When I say walked by, I mean within 5 feet of us! Seriously! We made Jaimi take notes of everyone we saw on her blackberry and the final list is 68 people long!!

Most of the celebs we saw were totally A-List....P.Diddy, Steven Spielberg, Cameron Diaz, Meg Ryan, Will Smith, Harrison Ford and Calista Flockhart, Josh Groban, and the list goes on and on! Really, it does! Click here to read the entire list.
So many of the celebrities were totally cool! Cameron Diaz said hi to us, Katherine McPhee gave us her swag bag, Channing Tatum who I love more than life, stopped to talk and introduce himself to us, Ricki Lake said "Hi honey!" to me, Dave Annable from Brothers and Sisters high-fived us, Josh Groban asked us how we were doing, and John Krasinski from the Office took a picture with me!! I totally interrupted John Krasinski talking to Laura Dern and Ben Lee! It was so tacky, I know, but he is the ultimate for me! I had to! I begged Scott to go with me and take my picture. He was SOOOOOO nice and really friendly! He was definitely the coolest celeb I have ever met.

I wish I had more pictures but it was a private party and we were attempting to be discreet. I was good up until Channing Tatum. There was no chance at being discreet at that point! Seriously, it's so crazy....John Krasinski and Channing Tatum are my favorites ever and I totally got to meet them both!

Jaimi and I with Channing Tatum....my face says it all. Hilarious, huh? I was freaking out!! A security guy came over to tell us we couldn't take pictures and Channing shoo'ed him away! I told Channing I saw Step Up 8 times in the theater! I think he was impressed...or scared ;)...
"

If you’ve been reading CTU for a while, then you know that this type of behavior is Chan’s M.O.. In a nutshell, that’s why Chan’s fans love him so much. You’ll be hard-pressed to find a star that is as cool with his fans as Chan (no matter where he is or what time of day it is) and that’s the #1 reason why I started and love doing Channing Tatum Unwrapped.

Although Channing was not at this year’s Oscars (as far as I know), I have no doubts we’ll be seeing him at future events. What you may or may not know is that Channing’s current and upcoming projects are chalk full of Oscar nominees and winners.

Here’s a run down of some of the talented directors, actors and producers that Channing is currently working with or will be working with in the future:

  • Scott Rudin – This uber producer’s film ‘No Country for Old Men’ just won Best Motion Picture of the Year at the 2008 Oscars. He has won another 4 awards (including an Emmy) and has 12 other nominations for various awards. Scott is also a producer on Channing Tatum’s highly anticipated film ‘Stop-Loss’, which releases March 28, 2008 and is already getting Oscar buzz for 2009.

  • Marion Cotillard - This actress just won an Oscar at Sunday’s ceremony for Best Actress for her portrayal of Edith Piaf in 'La Mome'. She has won 19 other awards and also has 9 nominations under her belt and will next be working with Channing in his 2009 crime drama ‘Public Enemies’.

  • Johnny Depp – This extremely popular actor has accumulated 3 Oscar nominations, 36 awards (includes a Golden Globe), and 34 additional nominations during his successful career. Channing will also be working with him on ‘Public Enemies’ when they start filming in Illinois and Wisconsin in March 2008.

  • Terrence Howard – This actor was nominated for an Oscar for his role in 2005’s 'Hustle & Flow'. He has had 18 other wins and 28 nominations and can be seen in Channing Tatum’s action drama ‘Fighting’ that is set to release this summer.

  • Michael Mann – This well-known director, producer, and writer has been nominated for 4 Oscars, won numerous Emmys, and has had another 15 wins and 19 nominations during his career. Mann chose Channing for his new role of Duke Hauser in 2009’s ‘G.I. Joe’, a movie that Chan is currently filming in California.

  • Oliver Stone – This well-respected director, producer, and writer has 3 Oscars, 36 other wins, and 34 nominations on his long pedigree and chose Channing to play hero Hugh Thompson in his war drama ‘Pinkville’. Although this film has been postponed, it's postponement has allowed Channing to do both ‘G.I. Joe’ and ‘Public Enemies’, so alls well that ends well.
Working with the above list of award-heavy directors, actors, and producers would be awesome for any actor, much less one that just burst on to the scene a short while ago. As a matter of a fact, most actors would give their left arm to work with almost anyone on that list and Channing has been given the rare opportunity to work with all of them.

Finally, I would like to give a BIG thanks to Fabulous Channing Tatum Fan Hilarry for the awesome story and CTU Reader Hannah for telling me about this fan encounter!!!

Source: Think Pink

Love Channing Tatum?
Stay in the Know...Subscribe to Channing Tatum Unwrapped: Email RSS

2 comments:

Soleil King said...

Thanks for putting up a site for Channing Tatum, I really think his star is on the rise this year. I wrote on my blog (http://www.mompopson.blogspot.com/)about his Vogue photos which I saw from here. Thanks for sharing. I also encouraged his fans to visit this site. Thanks again and I will be checking out your site again.

Anonymous said...

You´re very welcome, glad that I could help:)

/ hannah