WE'RE MOVIN' ON UP...

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Channing Tatum Trivia Question of the Week Followup: Channing Tatum's Teen People Interview

Here at Channing Tatum Unwrapped I aim to please. Per CTU reader Amy's request, here is the article where you can find the answer to today's trivia question and congrats to Fabulous Channing Tatum Fan Lisa for hunting down and submitting the correct answer. She will receive the first poster of Channing's birthday gift (that is after Channing gets his of course). :-D You can read it at TeenPeople.com or below. Here's the article:

Step Up to Channing Tatum

You first met him in She's the Man. Now get to know the sexy star
of Step Up

By Cara Lynn Shultz
Aug 15, 2006 12:05PM EDT




Channing Tatum
Charles Harns/Ad Media




He's hot. He's sexy. And boy, can he dance. As the star of Step Up, Channing Tatum mastered some slick dance moves, holding his own against the professionally trained Jenna Dewan. But in 2007's Stop-Loss, he'll also prove that he can seriously act, playing opposite Ryan Phillippe as a U.S. soldier in Iraq. TeenPeople.com caught up with the Cullman, Ala., native and chatted about everything from his early days as a male model to best way to ask him on a date.

TEEN PEOPLE: What kind of training did you have before Step Up?
Channing: Dancing with an 86-year-old Cuban grandmother, and learning how to salsa from her. I didn't know how to count music at all.

TEEN PEOPLE: Is this the ultimate dream, to be a working actor?
Channing: It's a surreal. It hasn't quite sunk in that, 'Yeah, that's what I do for a living now'. Only from my friends do I get like a true barometer of where I am. I go home and I see everyone -- they have real lives. They got a real job where they bang nails all day or they sit at a desk all day, and they have a kid and a wife. It hasn't sunk in yet that that's not my life. It's weird.

TEEN PEOPLE: You're from Alabama. Are you a Southern gentleman?
Channing: I don't know if you can call (me) gent, but I'm definitely Southern. That's where I'd say my roots are. I still call that home. I don't have one bad memory in that place. That's something that's very special to me. It's untainted. It's very Forrest Gump. We got a bunch of land out there, my family does. We got horses and the whole thing.

TEEN PEOPLE: You were a male model. Is it anything like Zoolander?
Channing: Sadly enough, it really is. I'm not even going to lie. I was in a model house for like a second, and then I was like, 'I can't do this, I can't be in a house with 15 guys, all truly stacked on top of each other and all coming in at all hours of the night.' It's like unofficial summer camp where like a bunch of good-looking guys get all together go out together, and it's like a frat house. As far as a lot of the funny things, (at a) photo shoot and they'll be like 'be a horse, frolick in the hay!'

TEEN PEOPLE: Did you have a look, like Ben Stiller did in Zoolander? Your own blue steel?
Channing: I did have a blue steel. I still use it every once in a while.

TEEN PEOPLE: For the girls reading this, tell them the most romantic way you've ever been asked out?
Channing: We were dancing. She was a really good dancer. It was Grease moment, she walks up and she's like 'So when are we going to get married?' It wasn't so much the line, it was just the way she did it. It made me laugh.

Love Channing Tatum?
Stay in the Know...Subscribe to Channing Tatum Unwrapped: Email | RSS

No comments: