WE'RE MOVIN' ON UP...

Friday, November 2, 2007

Channing Tatum Pictures of the Week: Fabulous Fan Drawing and Photo Submission

Each week Channing Tatum Unwrapped will post one or more of our favorite pictures of the uber hot Channing Tatum.

Today's Pictures of the Week were submitted by Fabulous Channing Tatum Fans Naz and Allison. Naz sent us a wonderful drawing of Channing that she created herself and that was based on one of the photos from Chan's popular Greg Gorman photoshoot. Allison sent in what has quickly become one of my favorite photos of Channing for reasons I will explain below.

Here is what Naz had to say about her drawing, the original photo that Naz used to create her drawing and Naz's beautiful Picture of the Week:

"When you are inspired by some great purpose, some extraordinary project, all your thoughts break their bonds. Your mind transcends limitations. Your consciousness expands in every direction. And you find yourself in a new, great and wonderful world. Dormant forces, faculties and talents become alive and you discover yourself to be a greater person by far than you ever dreamed yourself to be."

It seems der r alot of very talentd ppl ere in da Chanaholic Family, so I thot it woz bout tym I shard my talent wit u guyz. So ere I go, dis is a pic I drew of Chan, sori 2 certain ppl (Alex, Mikey n Vienna, I did try 2 finish it as quickly as I cud, bt kinda found it difficult wit avin 2 keep starin @ da pic) bt hey da wait woz worth it, rite?

Yh, so hope y'all lyk it,avnt drawn in 8 years, so kinda (no very) rusty, n mayb mre 2 cme =]

- Naz



Here is the reason why Allison chose her very special Picture of the Week:

Hey Q! I love this picture of Chan! It is one of my favorite pictures now because it shows that he really, really cares about his fans a lot! He is the sweetest guy ever! And not many celebrities would take the time to write something like that for someone they have never even met or heard of! This is the sweetest thing he could do! And look at the cute smile on his face after writing it! He must have made Caroline SOOOOO happy! I know I would be the happiest person alive! And even though I don't know who Caroline is..I agree with Chan! I hope YOU STAY STRONG!

- Allison


One of my favorite things about doing this site is to see just how talented Channing's fans are, so that's why I love it when fans take the time to create drawings. Thanks so much, Naz, for creating and sending in your artwork.

As I mentioned before, the picture of Channing in his trailer holding an inspirational sign for one very special fan has quickly become one of my favorite photos of the big-hearted actor. I took this picture when I recently visited him on the set of his current film in New York and was extremely impressed with the care he took to write the note and take the photo. This gesture epitomized exactly how much Chan cares for his fans.

Although Caroline sadly lost her 8-month battle with lung cancer, her family was extremely appreciative of the fact that Chan took the time to provide a motivational message to a person he had never met before, making me even more proud to be a fan. Thank you to Allison for submitting this photo.

If you have a favorite picture from this blog, our photo gallery, a picture you have made or a picture that you have found on the net that you would like us to consider, send the picture or a link to the picture to potw@channingtatumunwrapped.com and tell us why you like it. We will post it and your explanation on the blog. If you like or don't like today's picture (for some completely insane reason), let us know that too by clicking on the comments link below. :-)

Love Channing Tatum?
Stay in the Know...Subscribe to Channing Tatum Unwrapped: Email | RSS

1 comment:

Lainy said...

I dunno if I I'm so overworked or something thanks to my upcoming finals but this post just made me cry... I'm not usually that emotive but you know.

When I was much younger I had an image of celebrities that they appreciate everything what their fans do for them. However one day I met one 'celebrity' who was actually acting like a total primadona and I lost all my imaginations about celebrities who likes and cares about their fans.

Now, every time I see this picture of Chan holding this paper with a message he wrote to someone he had never met before I know that there are still some actors who care about fans. Thank you Chan.