WE'RE MOVIN' ON UP...

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Fabulous Channing Tatum Fan Spotlight


In an effort to help CTU readers learn more about each other, once a month I profile one special Channing Tatum fan on the blog and give them the "Fabulous Channing Tatum Fan Spotlight" award.

I am excited to announce that this month's Channing Tatum Unwrapped Fab Fan Spotlight is dedicated to Fabulous Channing Tatum Fan David from Canada. Here is what you should know about Dave:

Name:
David L.

City:
Montreal

Country:

Canada

Age:

20

Social Networking Site Profiles:

[Facebook Group] [MySpace Profile]




Favorite Channing Tatum Picture and Why?:
Ok, so I know this is kind of a random picture, and it’s not necessarily my absolute favorite pic of Chan, but I wanted to pick a not-so-obvious picture that I was fond of. I love this picture for a few reasons: Firstly, Chan’s jawline is really pronounced, which is one of my favorite physical features on him. Secondly, his outfit is really, really cool. Probably my all-time favorite outfit he’s worn for a public appearance. The loose tie, the casual black vest and jacket over the white shirt, the pants… everything just works so well. You can really tell that he has modelled before cause his sense of style is amazing. This outfit gave me the idea to suggest my brother buy something similar, and he did, and he gets sooooo many compliments on it. All because of Chan. LOL. Finally, I gotta give props to Jenna on looking fabulous as she always does. Every picture which features the two is great because it reminds me of Step Up and it’s really apparent how happy they are together. Gotta love ‘Chenna’.

Favorite Channing Tatum Movie and Why?:
I hate this question because each of them are awesome to me in their own way. When I’m in the mood to laugh (or if I’m watching with some of my younger cousins) I like to put on She’s The Man. Chan and Amanda Bynes’ ability to pull off physical comedy is definitely what brings the movie it’s lustre, always makes it good for some laughs. When I’m in the mood for a more love themed movie, I put on Step Up. I’ve never been much of a dancer myself, but I appreciate the talent involved, and the electricity between Chan and Jenna is pretty hot. If I had to pick an ultimate favorite though (so far), it would be A Guide To Recognizing Your Saints. The reason is, first of all, that’s more my kind of movie in general, the kind of genre I would usually want to watch. Secondly, I feel like this is the movie that Chan really came out of his shell as an actor and let it all out. He was given an opportunity to play a dramatic, powerful role and he pulled it off so impressively that it just made me like him that much more. The film itself was extremely powerful and emotional, and Chan’s performance had the biggest impact on me. Even though Chan played a delinquent in the movie, a troubled, violent character who’s abused and misunderstood, I still found myself liking Antonio and cheering for him. It’s not easy to have that kind of effect on a character, but Chan managed to do it. Just an amazing movie, seriously. Any Chan fan who has yet to see this really must ASAP.

Favorite Channing Tatum Scene and Why?:
Man, these questions are hard. I couldn’t possibly pick one, it’s impossible. Pretty much any kissing scene (Chan and his female leads are always hot together). The gym scene in She’s The Man always comes to mind too, cause it always cracks me up. Chan’s improvisation when Laura Ramsey comes up to him when he’s working out… just too good. In AGTRYS there’s too many powerful scenes for me to choose a single favorite, but one which is always gripping is when they’re at the Church after Guiseppe dies and Dito sort of accuses Antonio (Chan) of being unconcerned with the fact that his brother just died. You can feel the tension and emotion coming off the screen, it’s intense.

Favorite Channing Tatum Movie Quote and Why?:
I’m sure I’m not alone in this choice... “Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.” I like this quote because it’s classic, it’s powerful, and it rings true. Everyone over the course of their life will achieve greatness to some degree, in some capacity, because we’re all special in our own way, and in the eyes of people we love. No matter how we achieve this greatness, or where it comes from, it’s important that we embrace it and believe in it.

Have you ever met Channing?:
No, unfortunately I haven’t. If it ever happens, I just hope I don’t make a complete fool of myself or embarrass him or anything. It would be really special though. I don’t know how often Chan has male fans approach him, but I definitely wouldn’t pass up the chance.

Why are you a Fabulous Channing Tatum Fan?:
My initial attraction to Chan was a result of the fact that I found him absolutely beautiful, not gonna lie. But after I took the time to learn more about him as an actor and as a person, my fandom and loyalty towards him became a lot deeper. I don’t see Chan as just some hot actor anymore, I see him as a special talent and someone to look up to. What I find so refreshing about Chan is how down-to-earth he is, how genuine a person he is, and how honest and real he is. Even though he’s a celebrity, I still feel like I can relate to Channing as a person, and that’s what I feel like sets him apart. Chan’s an inspiration to me in every aspect of life and he’s made me become a better person in every way. I’ve lost quite a bit of weight (which I’m still in the process of doing), I’ve quit smoking cigarettes, and most importantly, I’ve realized that I need to be myself, no matter what. I used to pretend I was somebody I wasn’t just to please others, but that’s not the case anymore. I just want to thank Channing for being the inspiration that he is and I want him to know that he really can have a special effect on people through his fame. I wish him all the luck in the world in everything he does in film and in life, and I’ll be keeping up with him every step of the way. I’d also like to thank LaQuishe for being the most dedicated Channing fan and webmistress I’ve ever seen. Her passion for everything Channing is something special and it shows up in the work she produces. So thanks, Quishe, for everything you do and for keeping all of us fans in the know. You deserve everything good that’s come to you as a result of starting CTU, and I couldn’t be prouder to be part of the community. We love you.

Why does Channing Tatum Unwrapped think that this fan belongs in the Fab Fan Spotlight?
If you have been on Facebook lately, then you already know why David truly deserves this month's Fab Fan Spotlight. Dave currently has the largest Channing Tatum fan group on Facebook that is appropriately called 'All I want for Christmas is Channing Tatum!'. It boasts well over 15,000 members and the membership list grows every single day. Honestly, I have never found a larger fan group for Channing Tatum on any of the social networking sites. Through the group he has done a great job of informing Channing Tatum fans about what is going on in Chan's career and has allowed fans to connect and express their love for Chan. Thanks so much for all of your hard work promoting Chan, Dave!!!

Thanks Dave for letting me profile you and for taking the time to share all of your info with the other readers!

As the subject of the Fab Fan Spotlight, David is able to pick a custom-made poster of Channing Tatum courtesy of Channing Tatum Unwrapped! Dave's Fab Fan Spotlight prize will be sent to him.

Finally, Dave's Fab Fan Spotlight profile will be added on the right side of the blog so other Channing Fans can learn about her from any page on the site. Feel free to send your congrats to Dave in the comments on this entry!

Do you want to be in the Fab Fan Spotlight? I will choose and interview readers who have contributed to the Channing Tatum Unwrapped and the Channing Tatum fan community by submitting Pictures of the Week, Videos of the Week, Comments, Graphics, etc. and/or by having groups, profiles, or sites that they made for Channing and his fans. I am currently choosing the next Fab Fan Spotlighter, so be on the lookout for an email from me requesting an interview and the next FFS might just be you!

Love Channing Tatum?
Stay in the Know...Subscribe to Channing Tatum Unwrapped: Email RSS

2 comments:

NazK said...

Congrats Dave, u so deserve it, ur facebook club is awesum, well don =]

FYI: had a heart attack wen I saw hw many membas der woz, LOL

Anonymous said...

Dave, Congratulations! I havent been to your site yet, but your intelligent and insightful answers make me want to go! Congratulations and I hope that you do get to meet CT soon...well, that I get to meet him too! :)
Well done!
Jan