WE'RE MOVIN' ON UP...

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

NEWS FLASH: Check Out Channing Tatum's New 'G.I. Joe' Action Figures from Toy Fair 2009

Channing Tatum's 'G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra' Action Figures

Paramount Pictures and Hasbro, Inc. have reunited to create another worldwide blockbuster franchise, this time featuring the action, adventure, and characters from the legendary "G.I. JOE VS. COBRA" saga.

Hitting U.S. theaters on August 7, 2009, 'G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra' Channing Tatum's 'G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra' at Toy Fair 2009 focuses on an elite G.I. JOE team that uses the latest in next-generation spy and military equipment to fight the corrupt arms dealer DESTRO and the growing threat of the mysterious COBRA organization to prevent them from plunging the world into chaos.

Hasbro's 2009 G.I. JOE toy line allows fans of all ages to capture the excitement of the live-action movie and recreate it in their own homes with dozens of first-class action figures that resemble their on-camera characters.

At this year's Toy Fair exhibition, Hasbro introduced their movie-based action figures to the world and below fans can get all of the details on the four new 'G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra' action figures that feature Channing and his character Conrad "Duke" Hauser...


G.I. JOE MOVIE 3-3/4-INCH MOVIE FIGURES
(Approximate retail price: $7.99: Ages: 4 & up; Available: Summer 2009)

The first-ever live-action G.I. JOE movie won't hit theaters until August 2009, but you don't need to wait until then to see the stars from the movie cast as G.I. JOE characters. G.I. JOE invented the action figure category 45 years ago, and the movie-line 3-3/4-inch action figures continue this great legacy. All figures are sculpted to match their on-screen counterparts, including Sienna Miller as BARONESS, and Channing Tatum as DUKE. Figures come with high-tech gear and projectile launchers, allowing for play among multiple waves that are set to be released in 2009, starting in July.

Channing Tatum's Conrad "Duke" Hauser Desert Ambush 3-3/4-INCH Action Figure for 'G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra'

Channing Tatum's Reative Impact Armor Duke Action Figure for 'G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra'



G.I. JOE MOVIE 12-INCH CHARACTER FIGURES
(Approximate retail price: $15.99; Ages: 4 & up; Available Summer 2009)

Inspired by the original 12-inch G.I. JOE figures from the 60s and 70s, the 12-inch movie character figures are highly articulated and feature weapons and apparel that match the characters from the film.

Channing Tatum's Conrad "Duke" Hauser 12 Inch Action Figure for 'G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra'



G.I. JOE MOVIE ACCELERATOR SUIT DUKE
(Approximate retail price: $69.99; Ages: 5 & up; Available: Summer 2009)

This unique figure captures the spirit of the G.I. JOE team leader and all of the technology needed to fight the COBRA forces. The ACCELERATOR SUIT DUKE figure comes equipped with the armored accelerator suit that DUKE wears during a soon-to-be-classic scene from the upcoming G.I. JOE movie. When activated using an easy hand grip control, DUKE simulates his accelerator running motion, with motorized head, torso and arm movements as well as lights and speech with more than 50 phrases. With the ACCELERATOR SUIT DUKE figure, kids will be able to "run" with DUKE and play out their favorite scenes from the movie or create their own new G.I. JOE missions.

Channing Tatum's Accelerator Suit Duke Hauser Action Figure for 'G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra'


To get an idea of how big this toy is, you can see Stephen Sommers, the director of 'G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra', holding the toy at the Hasbro booth at Toy Fair 2009 below...

'G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra' Director Stephen Sommers Holding Channing Tatum's Accelerator Suit Duke Action Figure at Toy Fair 2009



Love Channing Tatum?
Stay in the Know...Subscribe to Channing Tatum Unwrapped: Email | RSS

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I what one!!!!!!!!
eheheheheh
Never have toys, now I want one!!!
Kisses!!