I found a few bits of news about Channing Tatum's films ‘Battle in Seattle‘ , ‘Fighting', 'G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra', and 'Public Enemies‘ this week. Check out today's Channing Tatum Movie Bytes to get the latest scoop. Enjoy!!!
BATTLE IN SEATTLE
In case you missed the update I added to a recent post about the DVD and Blu-ray release of Channing Tatum's drama 'Battle in Seattle'...Sources at Redwood Palms (the production and distribution company for the film) are now saying that the release date for 'Battle in Seattle' has been moved back to March 10th, and the film has updated their official MySpace page to reflect the new date. Sorry for the confusion, but hopefully this new old date will stick this time.
If you have Comcast as your cable provider, you can now watch the new trailer for Channing Tatum's upcoming action film 'Fighting' for free via their On Demand service. The trailer can be found by pressing the On Demand button on your remote and by choosing the following menu items: Movies & Events > Movie Trailers > Fighting. It will be available on the service through May 24, 2009, and the full movie will be released in theaters on April 24, 2009.
If you prefer to see the trailer in a theater, then movie goers have been reporting that it's currently playing before the Rogue Pictures horror film 'The Unborn'. Finally, I recently added the Spanish version of the 'Fighting' (aka 'Puños de asfalto' in Spain) trailer to the CTU Youtube Video Channel. Fans can CLICK HERE to check it out.
G.I. JOE: RISE OF COBRA
Video gaming company Electronic Arts Inc. just announced that development is underway to bring Hasbro’s legendary G.I. JOE® brand to all major console and handheld gaming platforms in summer 2009 to coincide with the theatrical release of Paramount Pictures' live-action movie 'G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra'. EA will unveil a “first look” of the G.I. JOE® video game at Hasbro’s Showroom at Toy Fair on February 15-17, 2009 in New York City (the same place where you can see the debut of Chan's new action figure) .
The G.I. JOE® video game will feature an exclusive storyline that picks up where the live-action movie leaves off, allowing players to re-create and re-live the greatest moments from the film, cartoon series and action figure toy line. The game will feature 12 G.I. JOE® characters (including at least six movie-based Joes: Snake Eyes, Scarlett, Rip Cord, Duke and Heavy Duty), each with unique abilities and weapons. The game is currently under development for Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, Wii™, PlayStation®2, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable), Nintendo DS™, and mobile devices.
'G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra' is scheduled to hit theaters on August 7, 2009.
Fans have been extremely anxious to see a trailer for Channing Tatum's upcoming drama 'Public Enemies' with Johnny Depp and Christian Bale. We were hoping for a Christmas release of the trailer, but Santa came and went with no sign of one. Now, the fan and film sites are buzzing, because we may see a trailer as soon as the end of this month or as late as March 20th (attached to the Julia Roberts and Clive Owen thriller 'Duplicity'). It's all still rumors at this point, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'll keep you posted.
Last, but not least, Variety is reporting that Universal just completed a rumored $200 million, multi-film deal with USA Network for the basic cable and broadcast premiere rights to two dozen of Universal Pictures' films, including the highly-anticipated 'Public Enemies'.
USA will get to air some of the movies starting in 2010, with most heading to the network in 2011, following a premium cable window on HBO. Here's a complete list of all of the Universal Pictures movie titles acquired by USA Network, in case you're interested:
- 'Duplicity' with Julia Roberts and Clive Owen
- 'Fast & Furious' with Vin Diesel
- 'State of Play' with Russell Crowe and Ben Affleck
- 'Bruno' with Sacha Baron Cohen
- 'Land of the Lost' with Will Ferrell
- 'Public Enemies' with Johnny Depp, Christian Bale, and Channing Tatum
- 'Funny People' with Adam Sandler and Seth Rogen
- 'Couples Retreat' with Vince Vaughn and Jon Favreau
- 'The Wolfman' with Benicio Del Toro and Anthony Hopkins
- 'Green Zone' (working title) with Matt Damon and Greg Kinnear
- An upcoming untitled Nancy Meyers film with Meryl Streep, Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin
- 'Atonement' with Keira Knightley and James McAvoy
- 'Away We Go' with John Krasinski and Maggie Gyllenhaal
- 'The Boat That Rocked' with Philip Seymour Hoffman and Emma Thompson
- 'Cirque du Freak' with Salma Hayek and Jane Krakowski
- Sam Raimi’s 'Drag Me to Hell'
- 'Flash of Genius' with Greg Kinnear
- 'Frost/Nixon' with Frank Langella and Michael Sheen
- 'The Limits of Control' with Bill Murray and John Hurt
- 'Milk' with Sean Penn and Josh Brolin
- Ethan and Joel Cohen’s 'A Serious Man'
- 'Taking Woodstock' with Emile Hirsch and Liev Schreiber
- 'Traveling' with Jennifer Aniston and Aaron Eckhart
- '9' with Elijah Wood and John C. Reilly
Although it will be a while before 'Public Enemies' makes it to cable, we're only a few months away from is scheduled theatrical release. It's set to hit US theaters on July 1, 2009.