WE'RE MOVIN' ON UP...

Friday, January 23, 2009

NEWS FLASH: New Comic Book and Interview for Channing Tatum's 'G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra'

G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra Prequel Comics #1 (Duke) and #2 (Destro)

In a recent interview with Entertainment Weekly, Stephen Sommers, the director of Channing Tatum's big budget film 'G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra', gives us some incite on what inspired the film. Here's a snippet from the EW article...

Sommers adds that G.I. Joe, which also stars Dennis Quaid and features a cameo from his Mummy star Brendan Fraser, was partly inspired by the Sean Connery-era James Bond movies. "I always loved the old Bonds," he says. "It's funny now how Bond wants to be Bourne. I loved Quantum of Solace, but it was like, man, this is a completely different movie to the Bonds I grew up with. 
In a very contemporary way, G.I. Joe is inspired by the memory of the kind of movies I saw when I was younger. I remember being in the theater for Thunderball and the big underwater battle at the end of that movie just blew my socks off. In G.I. Joe, there's an underwater battle under the polar icecap that's Thunderball times 10!"

Before 'G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra' hits US theaters on August 7, 2009, IDW comics will be releasing 4 prequel comic books that are associated with the film. The first comic will be available at your local comic book store in March and features Channing and his character Duke.

In today's post, fans can see the cover of the second comic book in the series that features Christopher Eccleston's character Destro. Toy News International just posted the new graphic for the G.I. Joe Movie Prequel #2 comic book that was written by Chuck Dixon. It will be released by IDW Publishing this coming April.

Here's a description for the comic book...


G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra Prequel Comics #2 (Destro)“DESTRO”

The summer's big blockbuster is not the beginning! Learn the legacy of Clan Destro in a bloody history lesson you'll never forget. Then follow the latest heir to the Destro manor as he travels to Paris for an illegal arms deal with some bad guys who think they can re-negotiate terms—with bullets! They have no idea who they're haggling with.

• 32 pages • $3.99







Love Channing Tatum?
Stay in the Know...Subscribe to Channing Tatum Unwrapped: Email | RSS

No comments: