WE'RE MOVIN' ON UP...

Saturday, January 17, 2009

FIRST LOOK: Channing Tatum's New Action Figure for 'G.I. Joe Rise of Cobra'

Channing Tatum's 'G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra' Convoy Attack Duke Action Figure Featured in March 2009 Toyfare

Writing CTU is always an adventure for me, because I get to learn so many new things through Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan's films. This week I got to add yet another new experience to my list.

I made a trip to my local comic book store for the first time to get the latest issue of Toyfare magazine that has the very first photo of one of Channing Tatum's new actions figures for 'G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra'.

During filming, the actor's were scanned so their action figures could be created by Hasbro. Above, you can check out the "Convoy Attack Duke" that was created in Channing's goatee-wearing likeness for the film. To the left of Duke, you can also see Dennis Quaid's Hawk action figure for the movie.

Sienna Miller's action figure for her character The Baroness is featured on the cover of the March 2009 issue of magazine, and you'll also find an interview with Ed Verreaux, the production and costume designer of 'G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra', in the mag. Fans get to learn some inside secrets about the movie you won’t read anywhere else, and Hasbro also shares plans for the various Joe toy lines this year.

In his interview, Verreaux lets us know that the film really focuses on the story of how Channing's character Duke and Marlon Wayans' character Ripcord become a part of the G.I. Joe organization. Plot details are held tightly under wraps, but here's what Ed shares with fans...
"It starts out with this convoy of U.S. Special Ops guys. They're transporting this new weapon, this nano bomb. They get attacked by a Cobra gunship at night, and they get their butts kicked. They're almost all killed, but then at the last moment, the Joes show up and save Ripcord and Duke. They end up transporting them back to the base. That's how we're introduced to the world of G.I. Joe."
You can click on the image below to get more info on the film and Chan's action figure from the magazine:

Channing Tatum's 'G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra' Action Figure Featured in March 2009 Toyfare


Channing Tatum's 'G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra' action figures will be released in a toy store near you a month or so before the August 7, 2009 release of the film. Hasbro will be releasing both the 3 and 3/4 inch and 12 inch action figures, along with versions from the popular Mighty Mugs and Combat Heroes toy lines.

Fans can now pick up issue #139 of Toyfare at your local comic book/gaming store to get even more scoop on the toys that Hasbro will release for the film. Thanks to my new friends at Third Planet for helping me find what I needed this week on my first official trip to the comic book store. With 'G.I. Joe' for Channing this year and 'Magdelena' for Jenna next year, I have a feeling I'm about to become a store regular and will earn my official fan girl badge in record time.

Finally, Hisstank.com, recently scored a new Snake Eyes poster (with a familiar image but new text) that is apparently going to be used to promote the film at the UK and Nuremberg Toy Fairs. You can check out the newest description of the G.I. Joes below...
"G.I. Joe is a highly trained, classified Special Operations Unit composed of men and woman from around the globe. Officially, these warriors don't even exist. Few know the truth - that G.I. Joe fights a secret war, as the first and last line of defense against forces that seek to plunge our world into chaos. Wherever there's trouble, G.I. Joe is there!"


Love Channing Tatum?
Stay in the Know...Subscribe to Channing Tatum Unwrapped: Email | RSS

No comments: