WE'RE MOVIN' ON UP...

Saturday, August 2, 2008

REMINDER: Jenna Dewan's 'Fab Five: The Texas Cheerleader Scandal' Premieres Tonight!!!

Jenna Dewan Featured in OK Magazine for 'Fab Five: The Texas Cheerleader Scandal' (8/4/08)In today's post, we have to high quality scans of articles about Channing Tatum's girlfriend Jenna Dewan and her new movie 'Fab Five: The Texas Cheerleader Scandal'. You can click on the scans to read Jenna's interview in the August 4, 2008 issue of OK Magazine and you can read more about the movie in the August 4, 2008 issue of US Weekly magazine.

I also wanted to remind all of you Jenna Dewan fans out there that her newest movie 'Fab Five: The Texas Cheerleader Scandal' is premiering on Lifetime Television tonight at 9pm Eastern/Pacific. You should check your local listings for show times in your area.

Fans can also learn more about Jenna and the movie in the following Lifetime Television interview and new movies clips below:


Jenna Dewan: Thus Far

The former dancer and star of "Step It Up" talks about making the transition from dancing to acting, meeting with her real-life counterparts and the pitfalls of Hollywood. Catch Jenna Dewan in the new movie "Fab Five: The Texas Cheerleader Scandal," premiering August 2 at 9 pm et/pt.

by Dayna Gross Posted: Thu., Jul. 17, 2008 , 3:18 pm EDT

You started out your career as a dancer. Which do you prefer — dancing or acting?


Those are my two passions. At the moment, I'm drawn more to acting than dancing, but I just started doing it a few years ago. It's just the start of the evolutionary process of acting for me, so I can't get enough of it right now. But it's not about liking one more than the other. They're two different passions that satisfy two different parts of me.

Do you get to do any dancing or cheerleading in the film?


Not in this movie. We added a little part because the director said, "OK, we can't have you in this movie and not do any sort of dancing." We do a little bit where I teach the girls a dance. It's about 10 seconds long.

Was it tough standing on the sidelines and watching the other girls dancing?


The parts where they actually perform at a pep rally, I was a little anxious. I get this feeling when I watch any sort of dance performance where I just want to get up and do it with them. But I danced for 20 years, so I was ready for a change.

Jenna Dewan's Movie 'Fab Five: The Texas Cheerleader Scandal' Featured in US Weekly Magazine (8/4/2008)

What kind of a kid were you in high school? Were you a cheerleader?


Yeah, I was a cheerleader. I was a Texas cheerleader at that. But I wasn't like these girls. The way they acted is so foreign to me. I was on a competitive team. We were a very athletic squad. We did social things, but we couldn't get away with anything. If we missed a practice, we got demerits.

How do you think that girls like the ones in the movie get so out of control?


I think it has a lot to do with our society. The role models that a lot of kids are looking up to right now, in Hollywood and in life in general, are not great. They're out of control themselves. There's an epidemic of young kids making big mistakes even younger, and no one is stopping them. Now more than ever, I see parents trying to be best friends and not parents. They're not providing boundaries and are letting their kids run amuck, and I think that needs to stop. That's actually part of why I did this movie.

You're not much older than the girls playing the cheerleaders in the film. When the cameras weren't on, were you more of a friend to them or a mentor?


We all got along great. I think because I was playing a character that was pretty close in age and I was nervous about looking and feeling older, we didn't hang out that much outside of work. But when we were on set, we had some really great conversations. I talked to them about their lives. A lot of them are just getting into acting, and they had a lot of questions. So it was more of a friendship than an older person talking to a younger kid.

Did you meet with Michaela Ward (the real-life coach)? What kind of advice did she give you during filming?


I sat her down in my trailer and questioned her. This is the first time I've played a real person, and I needed to make sure I was representing her fairly. We spent 10 minutes together and she said, "Oh, I'm so glad that you're playing me." And I said, "I'm so glad you're as cool as you are and that we're on the same page."

Did she tell you anything about any of the other girls in the story?


She told us the story was not exaggerated. She sat down with the writer and gave her a blow-by-blow of what really happened. One thing she told me that we didn't have time to touch on in the movie is that she actually formed a good friendship with Brooke (the role played by Ashley Benson). She was a friend and mentor to these girls for about a minute, and then it all changed. We didn't get to touch on that in the movie. But she was in awe that we were making this movie and showing her in a positive light, because all the other media outlets weren't.

What was it like to work with Tatum O'Neal?


Tatum is a sweetheart. It was an interesting experience working with somebody who has been in the business since she was 10. It's a whole other level of knowing about the pitfalls of Hollywood. We got along great.

Did she give you any advice?


When we were leaving, she gave me a hug and said, "I think you have a really big road ahead of you in this career. Promise me that you'll stay focused and keep doing what you're doing." I think it was her way of saying, "Don't go down the other road. Just do the best you can."

What's your favorite cheerleading movie?


"Bring It On." It's funny. It was the first of its genre.

What are your favorite songs to dance to?


I am a big fan of jazz and hip-hop. My favorite song right now is the Justin Timberlake and Madonna song, "4 Minutes." I also love old-school Paula Abdul. Growing up, she was my idol. Any time "Cold Hearted Snake" and "Opposites Attract" came on, I got excited.

If your life was a Lifetime movie, what would it be called?


"Thus Far." At the end of my life, what I'd hope it would be is "To Love and Be Loved."


Here are new clicps from the film:



Love Channing Tatum?
Stay in the Know...Subscribe to Channing Tatum Unwrapped: Email | RSS

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ahhh the movie was so good! i recorded it so i will probably watch it again tomorrow haha. jenna did an amazing job!!!!

-amy