WE'RE MOVIN' ON UP...

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

NEWS FLASH: Channing Tatum Wins BIG at 2008 Teen Choice Awards

Channing Tatum Accepting Award for Choice Dramatic Actor at 2008 Teen Choice Awards



If you watched the 2008 Teen Choice Awards last night or have read any of the entertainment sites today, then I'm sure you all know the results of last night's star-studded awards show.

If you haven't heard yet, then its my pleasure to let you all know that all of your hard work and votes helped Channing Tatum win Choice Dramatic Actor for ''Stop-Loss' and helped his movie 'Step Up 2: The Streets' win Choice Drama. Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan's M&M Cru also won the BIGGEST online dance battle known to mankind.

Although we did not get Choice MySpacer, I'm truly grateful for the nomination and thankful to everyone who took the time to vote for all of the categories that Channing was nominated in. Great job everybody!!!

I'm still in LA, but once I get home later this week, I promise to give you all the details about the awards show and my very special visits with 'Stop-Loss' director Kimberly Peirce, Chan's mom Kay, and Chan and Jenna. It's been an unforgettable trip and I really can't wait to share it with everyone!!!

In the meantime, you can all check out the photos and video of Channing Tatum, Jenna Dewan and other stars that I have added to the Channing Tatum Unwrapped Photo Gallery. Hopefully they will tide you over for a bit until I can give you all the juicy details. CLICK HERE to check out the photos!!!

You can also read a really cute interview below that Chan did on the red carpet for TeenHollywood.com where he lets his fans know that he does not have a personal MySpace profile. Enjoy!!!

Channing Tatum On Miley Cyrus As Teen Choice 2008 Host


Hunky Channing Tatum, looking comfy casual in white shirt and jeans won "Choice Movie Actor: Drama" for his touching role in the Iraq war movie Stop Loss. He admitted that, yes, he does surf a bit when he's in California but the award board he won is a little too short for a great surfing experience. A tiny, very young reporter approached the star...

Channing: What's up, little man? You're the cutest thing I think I've ever seen.. So you want to know what's the best advice I ever got? Okay, probably, keep people around you that can keep you yourself. Hold on to the people you love dearly.

Q: What kind of an influence does the internet have on teens?

Channing: Huge! And I think it can be bad as well. I'm one for getting off of the internet and getting outside. I'm not a big internet guy. I don't have a MySpace. I think they can be great if they are used right and incredibly bad if they're used wrong.

Q: After your dramatic experience on Stop Loss will you seek more dramatic roles or go back to more dance stuff?

Channing: No more dance stuff for at least a little while. I haven't done a love story and I really want to do a love story and see that side of me. I'm tired of being with all the guys [in films].

Q: Which dance crew did you root for tonight?

Channing: It shouldn't be one or the other. They're all amazing. That's one reason I didn't dance tonight is I can't dance with those kids. They're unbelievable. I think I chose the M&M crew because I thought it would be funny to get back at the Step Up crew and it was great.

Q: What do you think is a big problem for teens today?

Channing: The education system. I didn't do very good in school. As a teen that made me go off and figure out something else to do. How do we fix it? I think if we can streamline a multi-billion dollar company, we can definitely figure out how to straighten out a school so it works better. I think it's just going to take money.

Q: How is Miley doing as host tonight?

Channing: She's killing. I get nervous every time the cameras roll and she's just talking with somebody and then next thing [she's back on and faces the camera] So,... dah, dah dah... Her and Will Smith have the most charisma I think I've ever seen in front of the camera, saying and doing whatever.

And finally, you can check out a HollyScoop.com video that Fabulous Channing Tatum Fan Naz sent me which highlights some of stars that were on the 2008 Teen Choice Award blue carpet before the show:




Love Channing Tatum?
Stay in the Know...Subscribe to Channing Tatum Unwrapped: Email | RSS

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratumalations Chan!!!

Not that anyone's surprised really. LOL

By the way, looking good!

And...yeah...(smiles)(walks away)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Q for all the wonderful pics and Congrats to Chan!!!

Liz