First of all, I want to thank Fabulous Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Fan Naz from London for the awesome graphic at the top of this post!!!
Although I started this site on January 1, 2007, one year ago Channing Tatum sent me one of the most amazing emails I have ever gotten asking me if CTU could be his official site. The email included the adorable new photo on the right as proof that he was actually the real deal. Fans can CLICK HERE to get all of the juicy details on the seemly fairytale story that really did happen to this unsuspecting blogger.
In that article, I promised fans that the best was yet to come; not knowing how accurate that statement would end up being...
Countless incredible things have happened here at CTU during our first official year. My list of favorites would have to include (but is not limited to) the following:
- Meeting Chan for the first time and spending the day on the set of his upcoming film 'Fighting',
- Being contacted by his girlfriend Jenna Dewan for the first time to thank me for writing about her on the site too,
- Attending an early, private screening of 'Stop-Loss' and getting invited to hang out with director Kim Peirce at a Houston press junket and at her home in LA months later,
- Being contacted by 'Step Up 2: The Streets' director Jon M. Chu and learning that he had been reading the site for months,
- Having the MySpace profile I created and maintain for Chan get nominated for Choice MySpacer at the 2008 Teen Choice Awards and having Chan and Jenna send me a really sweet congratulatory photo,
- Getting a VIP pass to the attend the 2008 Teen Choice Awards and meeting Jenna for the first time in person,
- Spending the Day with Chan's mom Kay, and (last, but not least)
- Having dinner with Chan and Jenna and becoming friends with two people I admire on a personal level.
It truly has been an incredible year, and I'm just getting started as far as I'm concerned!!! I can say with all certainty that the coming year will be full of more surprises and cool opportunities for Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan's Fabulous fans all over the world to learn more about them and their projects.
To get the ball rolling, I want to announce the winner of the 2008 Teen Choice Awards Goody Bag and Channing Tatum Autographed VIP Pass. The lucky winner is soon-to-be birthday girl...
from Jacksonville, Florida
Jenna will be 16 on August 19th, so happy early birthday to you!!! Thanks to all of the fans who entered the contest and don't worry if you did not win this time. We will continue to have lots more contests on CTU each month.
NEW CHANNING TATUM UNWRAPPED BIRTHDAY PROGRAM
Since it's CTU official birthday, I also think this is the perfect time to announce the new Channing Tatum Unwrapped Birthday Program for fans around the world. The previous birthday shout outs on CTU were graciously created by Fabulous Channing Tatum Fan Naz from London for the friends she has made on this site.
Each time I send one out, fans ask me to announce their birthdays too, but with the large amount of readers and birthdays we have, it's difficult to do that. I have now created a new birthday program that can include all fans around the world who would like to get a birthday shout out too.
If you would like to get a birthday shout out from CTU or you would like CTU to give a birthday shout out to a friend of yours, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "BIRTHDAY" in the Subject and the birthday person's name, mailing address, and birth date in the body of the email.
Each month, I will make a post recognizing all of the fan birthdays for that month, and one lucky fan on the list will win an autographed picture of Channing Tatum. The new program is starting as of today, so anyone with an August birthday (or a birthday in the future) can start sending in your submissions.
Finally, I just want to give a HUGE thanks to all of the loyal readers for continuing to support Chan, Jenna, and CTU. I also have to thank Channing Tatum, Jenna Dewan, and their wonderful families for their friendship, for supporting CTU and me, and for letting me live out a dream through this site every day.
It's been an amazing journey already, and I can't even predict where the next year will take us. I can confidently promise again that the best is yet to come. Stay tuned to CTU, because I guarantee you don't want to miss a thing!!!