WE'RE MOVIN' ON UP...

Sunday, May 17, 2009

NEWS FLASH: New Books, Toys, Gift Cards, Wallpapers, Posters & More for Channing Tatum's 'G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra'

Novel Cover for Channing Tatum's 'G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra'Things have been so busy around here with the release of Channing Tatum's new movie 'Fighting' that I decided to collect up the various 'G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra' news bits for the past few weeks so I could do one big post to update everyone.

The film has started to ramp up their marketing in preparation for the approaching August 7th world-wide release of the movie.

Below you'll find news about new books, toys, and gift cards that will be released before the movie comes out, a new site with info, wallpapers, and icons that Hasbro recently released to promote the toys and film, new posters from Paramount, and a new interview that Channing just did at a 'G.I. Joe' press junket last week. Enjoy!!!


BOOKS

Novel Cover for "G.I Joe: Rise of Cobra: Mission Dossier"Titan Books has announced the upcoming release of a companion book to Channing Tatum's summer blockbuster 'G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra'. Set to get fans’ adrenalin pumping before the movie hits theaters, G.I Joe: Rise of Cobra: Mission Dossier is scheduled for release on July 7, 2009.

Published under license from Paramount Licensing, G.I Joe: Rise of Cobra: Mission Dossier is a slick trade paperback companion that chronicles the making of the movie, combining cast and crew commentary with in-universe intel on G.I. Joe team members and their enemies in the shadowy Cobra organization.

Packed with information on the weapons, gadgets, vehicles and missions featured in the movie, this stunning volume is illustrated throughout with scores of color photos, film stills, schematics and production art.

Titan will also be publishing the movie prequel novel G.I. Joe: Above & Beyond (May 19, 2009) and G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra Novelization (June 23 2009), both written by American mystery novelist and tie-in mastermind Max Allan Collins (Road to Perdition, Air Force One, The X-Files: I Want To Believe).


FAST FOOD TOYS

Burger King Corp. recently announced an unprecedented partnership with Paramount Pictures, jam-packed with original entertainment spanning the entire summer movie season. Beginning with 'Star Trek' (release May 8th) and continuing with 'Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen' (June 24th) and 'G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra' (Aug. 7th), this partnership marks an evolution of an ongoing alliance between Burger King Corp. and Paramount Pictures that takes movie marketing to new levels.

Beginning July 27, 2009 , Burger King Corp. enlists G.I. Joe for an elite mission. The 'G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra' promotion features BK premium kids meals filled with gadgets, action figures and vehicles that offer the ultimate adventure. Each BK Kids Meal will come with one of eight G.I. Joe toys.


CINEMARK GIFT CARD

Cinemark Holdings, Inc. (the "Company") will launch a limited-time, exclusive GI Joe themed Cinemark Gift Card in partnership with Paramount Pictures and their upcoming film, 'G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra'. These special edition gift cards can be purchased at any Cinemark Theatre box office nationwide and online at cinemark.com.


NEW HASBRO WEBSITE

G.I. Joe

As you all know, 2009 is "the year of G.I. Joe" and now there’s a Hasbro website that will be your one stop location for everything G.I. Joe leading into the release of motion picture: 'G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra'.

GIJOE.COM, launched on May 7th, exactly 3 months from the movie’s premiere, and it’s filled with great content, exclusive news, announcements and sneak peeks at upcoming products and footage. In addition to what you see below, you find tons of new wallpapers and icons on the new site that feature Chan and the film's cast.

G.I. Joe G.I. Joe

Channing Tatum as Duke in 'G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra' on Hasbro's GIJOE.com Website Channing Tatum as Duke in 'G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra' on Hasbro's GIJOE.com Website

CLICK HERE to check out the new site now!


NEW 'G.I. JOE:RISE OF COBRA' POSTERS

Yesterday Paramount released three new posters for 'G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra' that feature Channing Tatum as Duke, Sienna Miller as The Baroness, and Byung-hun Lee as Storm Shadow...

'G.I. Joe Rise of Cobra' Poster: Channing Tatum as Duke (Large) 'G.I. Joe Rise of Cobra' Poster: Sienna Miller as The Baroness (Large) 'G.I. Joe Rise of Cobra' Poster: Byung-hun Lee as Storm Shadow (Large)


NEW CHANNING TATUM & SIENNA MILLER INTERVIEW

Finally, Channing Tatum and Sienna Miller attended one of the first big press junkets for 'G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra' last week, and below, you can check out one of the interviews courtesy of Buzzine to learn even more about the film...


As you can see and as Chan keeps saying, the whole 'G.I. Joe' thing is beyond huge and the marketing campaign is going to be on a scale we as fans have not seen with Chan's past films. Stay tuned to CTU and I'll do my best to keep up with the flurry of activity around 'G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra' and the rest of Chan's films this year.


Love Channing Tatum? Stay in the Know...
Subscribe to Channing Tatum Unwrapped: Email | RSS | Twitter


Fandango  - We've Got Your Movie Tickets!

No comments: