WE'RE MOVIN' ON UP...

Sunday, May 3, 2009

NEWS FLASH: Early Screening Held for Channing Tatum's 'Dear John'

Channing Tatum and Amanda Seyfried in 'Dear John'

Way before a movie ever comes out, the film is shown at various early test screenings so the movie studios can get feedback and try to tweak the film, if needed. This kind of test screening was held for Channing Tatum's highly-anticipated 2010 drama 'Dear John' a few weeks ago at a theater in California. Here's what the excited screener had to say about the film...

"Well last week I got to see a screening for the movie! I was so excited to see it. I'm not sure how much I can say but I LOVED it! I have not read the book, but I want to now. I laughed and cried. I thought Amanda was EXCELLENT. So was Richard Jenkins. Channing was great too, and Amanda and him had some great chemistry!...Young Alan was fantastic!...He was sooo cute! I'm trying to remember how many scenes he was in, had to have been a few different ones. The Beach scene where we are first introduced to Alan, and the Truck scene when Tim and Alan give John a ride home were the ones that stand out the most to me. Channing Tatum, Actor Braeden Reed, and Director Lasse Hallstrom on the Set of 'Dear John'The truck scene was hilarious with the 3 of them. Whatever scene young Alan was in he pretty much stole the scene...I remember a horse scene with young Alan and Amanda at her parents place. I believe Savannah talks about how it was Alan's first time on a horse, and Savannah talks about "horse sense" and her theory about that, and how she wants to open a riding camp. I hope they keep it in the final version as well, because I think the version of the film they showed us, they said it was a "rough" version, but I hope that was more in regards to the special effects and the music than anything else... I'm not sure if they will edit it anymore from the version I saw but they said the music was not 100% and that some special effects weren't done, but I didn't really notice. It looked and sounded great to me. I can't wait until it comes out!"

This movie, which CTU readers voted as their most-anticipated upcoming Channing Tatum film, is adapted from the Nicholas Sparks novel Dear John, and it follows the love story between an idealistic college student and enlisted American soldier.

The film stars Channing Tatum as John Tyree, Amanda Seyfried as Savannah Lynn Curtis and has a strong supporting cast that includes Richard Jenkins, Henry Thomas, Scott Porter, Leslea Fisher, Keith Robinson, and Cullen Moss. 'Dear John' is also directed by two-time Oscar nominated director, Lasse Hallstrom.

Although the film is going to be released in many countries around the world, we now know when the film is going to hit the theaters in the US, Russia, Norway, and the Netherlands. Here are the current release dates that can also be found on the CTU Calendar:
  • United States: February 5, 2010

  • Russia: February 14, 2010

  • Netherlands: February 18, 2010

  • Norway: March 5, 2010


Love Channing Tatum? Stay in the Know...
Subscribe to Channing Tatum Unwrapped: Email | RSS | Twitter


Fandango  - We've Got Your Movie Tickets!

No comments: