WE'RE MOVIN' ON UP...

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Four New Character Posters for Channing Tatum’s ‘G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra’

'G.I Joe: Rise of Cobra' Official Posters WallpaperLong time CTU readers may think you're experiencing a bit of deja vous when you read this post, because this is not the first time you've seen Paramount's newly released 'G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra' posters.

The first time we saw them was this past summer when people who attended various licensing fairs around the world would take photos of the posters at the Hasbro booth and then post them all over the internet, thus the posters were not as clear as we've come to expect.

Paramount Pictures has now officially released graphics for the four character posters for the big budget, live-action film 'G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra' via the the Russian entertainment news site Film.ru (the first site to have official scans online). Yesterday (thanks to the speediness internet), the "new" posters made it around the globe faster than you can say "Duke Hauser".

The posters show characters Duke (Channing Tatum), Ripcord (Marlon Wayans), Snake Eyes (Ray Park), and Baroness (Sienna Miller). Fans can check out and download all four of the new 'G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra' posters below, and they can also be found in the G.I. Joe set in the Channing Tatum Unwrapped Photo Gallery:

'G.I Joe: Rise of Cobra' Official Posters: Channing Tatum as Duke 'G.I Joe: Rise of Cobra' Official Posters: Marlon Wayans as Ripcord 'G.I Joe: Rise of Cobra' Official Posters: Sienna Miller as The Baroness 'G.I Joe: Rise of Cobra' Official Posters: Ray Park as Snake Eyes

'G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra' is based on Hasbro's G.I. Joe line of toys that first debuted in 1964 and is directed by big action filmmaker Stephen Sommers ('The Jungle Book', 'Deep Rising', 'The Mummy'). The film's screenplay was co-written by both Stuart Beattie ('Collateral', 'Derailed') and Skip Woods ('Swordfish', 'Hitman').

Here's what the movie's about...


"From the Egyptian desert to deep below the polar ice caps, the elite co-ed GI JOE team, based from it’s headquarters The Pit, deploys the latest in next-gen spy and military equipment to fight crooked arms dealer Destro and the growing threat of the mysterious COBRA organization from plunging the world into chaos."

'G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra' hits theaters on August 7, 2009.

Love Channing Tatum?
Stay in the Know...Subscribe to Channing Tatum Unwrapped: Email RSS

No comments: