WE'RE MOVIN' ON UP...

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

NEWS FLASH: Channing Tatum's 'G.I. Joe' Showcased at 2008 Licensing International Expo

Hasbro Booth for Channing Tatum's Movie  'G.I. Joe' at 2008 International Licensing Expo in New York

The above photo is a ground-to-ceiling-sized G.I. Joe presentation that flanked one wall of Hasbro's booth at the recent New York-based 2008 Licensing International Expo for Toymakers, Manufacturers and Retailers. It was taken by one of the attendees of the event.

As I had previously posted, major licensing deals have already been signed and many more are underway to bring fans a wide selection of “everything G.I. JOE.” Licensees (aka companies that get permission from Hasbro to make G.I Joe themed items) will bring a number of goods to market including graphic t-shirts, boys apparel, footwear, video games, electronics, children’s books, paper goods, room décor, social expressions, bikes, skateboards, and camping and fishing gear.

From what I've read, Hasbro plans to release the movie line of action figures and their accessories some time in 2009, but I still have my fingers crossed that they may make an earlier appearance.

As Channing Tatum mentioned in his exclusive video message to us, the live action film is in its last week of filming at Barrandov Studios in Prague, Czech Republic. He also said that 'G.I. Joe' is a big "popcorn" kind of movie, and we've heard others refer to it as a "tent pole" film, so I thought I would explain what that means.

For those that don't know, "tent pole" or "popcorn" films are heavily promoted, usually large scale productions. Most are part of a franchise or potential franchise and are expected by studios to turn a profit in a short period of time. At a reported $200 million budget and with potentially 3 movies in the franchise, 'G.I. Joe' most definitely qualifies.

Post-production work has already begun for the film and with just a little over a year until its August 7, 2009 theatrical release, fans are hoping we may get a trailer around Super Bowl time. I also read that Paramount may show a teaser of the film at the annual G.I. Joe convention called Joe Con 2008 at the end of this month. I'll keep you all posted, but you can CLICK HERE to get a complete list of international release dates.

Finally, Fabulous Channing Tatum Fan Lainy K. submitted the video below that was created by IGN.com and gives us a great preview of the G.I. Cast. Enjoy!




Source: PicsMcgee

Love Channing Tatum?
Stay in the Know...Subscribe to Channing Tatum Unwrapped: Email | RSS

No comments: