WE'RE MOVIN' ON UP...

Friday, February 19, 2010

VIDEOS OF THE WEEK: ‘Dear John’ Press Tour and ‘Step Up’ Favorites

Most of today's Videos of the Week are related to Channing Tatum's highly successful new movie 'Dear John', which released in the US, Canada, and a few other countries on February 5th, just released in South Africa today, and has a sneak preview in Indonesia this weekend before it's official February 25th debut in that country.

We also have a video that was submitted by Fabulous Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan-Tatum fan Trecia T., and it's an oldie, but goodie, from their 'Step Up' days. Enjoy!

First up, we have what is hands downs my #1 favorite interview that Chan and co-star Amanda Seyfried did during the 'Dear John' press tour.

It was done on the Toronto leg of the tour, and you may recognize interviewer Jessi Cruickshank from "The Hills", "The City", and "Laguna Beach" after shows on MTV. I've learned that you can always count on Jessi for a laugh, and this interview was no different...


One of the questions I see most often from fans is "What is that song in the 'Dear John' trailer?". As most of you now know, the main song in the trailer is Snow Pa­trol's "Set the Fire to the Third Bar" featuring Martha Wainwright. The film released a music video for the song with footage of Chan and Amanda from the movie. Fans can watch it below...


After Chan's hilarious Chelsea Lately interview, he headed on over to Rogue for Jonesy's Jukebox for a much more laid back interview with Steve Jones, the co-founder of the Sex Pistols (a popular 70's rock group). Listen in as they talk about Chan's provocative interview with Chelsea Handler, his love for football, the south, becoming an actor, and everything in between...


In this last 'Dear John' video, we have a quick PopSugar report on their coverage of the San Fransisco press tour stop where Chan and Amanda made fans really happy by passing out lots of hugs at the event and where Chan first introduced fans to his new site PostThelove.com.

You even get a glimpse of Chan's friend and business partner Reid who was there to get footage for the Post The Love "I Love You" video that Chan made for fans to help launch the site (which currently has well over 6000 thousand members)...
Chan's press tours have gotten so huge over the past three years, that it's impossible for me to cover every single interview, but here's a few more that I thought you might like...
If you missed any of my articles on the press tour, no worries. You can CLICK HERE to read all of them and HERE to check out hundreds if photos from the entire tour.

Last, but definitely not least, we have the Ciara Featuring Chamillionaire - Get Up music video submitted by fan Trecia, and here's what she had to say about why she loves this video...

"I really like this video because well, for obvious reasons, both Channing and Jenna are in it! =D I still remember the first time I've ever watched this video. It was when "Step Up" was released back in 06' and was making a huge splash on Asian shores. Then, one day, while I was flipping through some channels on TV, and I saw this video. I didn't know who Chan and Jen were back then, and I remember thinking, "oh, who's that cute guy in the video? And both of them can really dance!"...I almost gave "Step Up" a pass but this video made me change my mind! What with the black outfits and dancing in the rain, they make dancing so damn sexy! So, I watched the film and guess what? I totally fell head over heels in love with it. I bought the DVD and the soundtrack, and you don't even want to know the number of times I have watched this film. (hint: Its a 2 digit number!) Anyway, all I want to say is, if its not because of this video, I would have missed out on a great film and I won't be typing this out at this very moment. =)"


BIG thanks to Trecia for your submission!! If you have a favorite video that you would like me to consider, send a link to the video to votw@channingtatumunwrapped.com and tell me why you like it. I will post it and your explanation on the blog.


Love Channing Tatum? Stay in the Know...
Subscribe to Channing Tatum Unwrapped: Email | RSS | Twitter

Check out the great DVD deals at BLOCKBUSTER Online

No comments: