I have a ton of news about Channing Tatum's highly-anticipated romantic drama 'Dear John', which hits theaters on February 5th. Below fans will find info about the latest contest for the film, a complete list of songs for the soundtrack, a new interview that Chan and Amanda did for ET during last week's press junket, and premiere and press tour info for the movie. Enjoy!
'DEAR JOHN' SWEEPSTAKES
Fans can now enter the new 'Dear John' Twitter contest where Sony is giving away a signed poster, a Sony Reader Pocket Edition, and a CD soundtrack from the movie. Finish this sentence and tweet it to @DearJohnMovie...
"I knew I was in love the moment ______. #DearJohnSweeps"
Make sure you follow @DearJohnMovie and include the #DearJohnSweeps hashtag in your tweet to be eligible for the contest. No purchase is necessary, but you must have a Twitter account, be at least 13 years old, and be a resident of the US. You can enter the contest up to 5 times a day and the contest ends on February 12, 2010.You can get more details at http://www.dearjohn-movie.com/twittersweeps.
'DEAR JOHN' ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK
As I previously posted, The 'Dear John' soundtrack will be released on February 2, 2010, and here is the complete track listing...
1. Paperweight (Joshua Radin & Schuyler Fisk)
2. The Moon (Swell Season)
3. Amber (311)
4. Excelsior Lady (The Donkeys)
5. Things & Time (Wailing Souls)
6. Little House (Amanda Seyfried)
7. This Is The Thing (Fink)
8. Think Of Me (Rosi Golan)
9. You Take My Troubles Away (Dan Wilson & Rachel Yamagata)
10. The Dear John Theme (Deborah Lurie)
Sony just created a new official site for the soundtrack and fans can CLICK HERE to get more information.
'DEAR JOHN' INTERVIEWS
Below fans can check out three new videos...the latest 'Dear John' TV spot featuring Snow Patrol's "Set Fire To The Third Bar", another TV spot called "I miss you so much it hurts", and a new Entertainment Tonight interview with Chan and his 'Dear John' co-star Amanda Seyfried. Enjoy!
In addition to the video above, learn even more about the movie in ET's interviews with Chan and Amanda below...
- 'G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra''s Channing Tatum plays a soldier who falls for 'Mamma Mia!' star Amanda Seyfried in the new romantic drama 'Dear John,' in theaters February 5. The pair tells ET that like many Nicholas Sparks stories, it can be a bit of a tearjerker.
- "A lot of tears are shed," Amanda tells ET. "It's really sentimental. I think it's absolutely inspiring, and I'm proud of that. And, you know, everybody needs a little romance."
- "I know what 'The Notebook' did to my girlfriend at the time -- just utter waterworks," adds Channing. "It was for a reason. Those movies just hit something inside of everybody. I think even guys, at the end of the movie, guys are just trying to hold it together."
- Based on the novel by Sparks, Channing plays John, a young soldier on leave who meets idealistic college student Savannah (Amanda) while she's on spring break. All it takes is two weeks for the pair to fall deeply in love. But when John is called back in harm's way repeatedly, they remain connected throughout the years with a continuous stream of touching love letters. But will their bond ultimately tear them apart? Henry Thomas and Richard Jenkins also star in the film from Oscar-winning director Lasse Hallstrom.
- "It was a little darker than some of the things that I had seen in the past from [Sparks]," says Channing of the project. "And it didn't even really feel like a war thing. It was just two kids that fell in love and had no idea how to be in love -- and they had no idea what was coming down the road."
- Of his co-star, Channing beams, "She's kind of really quirky and interesting. She's so talented that she makes really interesting choices. … Plus, she's beautiful and funny. You can't replace that."
- "He's a guy's guy, but he's so sensitive to how people are feeling around him," says Amanda of her hunky co-star. "He's so handsome too. He's not bad to look at. And all the kissing scenes and the romantic scenes, they just were silly. We made it silly and we made it fun because it can be awkward when your partner is visiting, [and Channing] was engaged at the time, and now he's married."
'DEAR JOHN' PREMIERE
FayObserver is reporting that Fort Bragg will get a taste of Hollywood when 'Dear John' has its world premiere on the military post. Channing Tatum, Amanda Seyfried, author Nicholas Sparks, and Sony film execs will kick off a 'Dear John' regional press tour with a red carpet event on January 23rd at 4 p.m. at the York Theater, which has a capacity of about 700. Free tickets were distributed yesterday to military ID-holders through Fort Bragg's Morale Welfare and Recreation.
Sparks, Tatum and Seyfried are scheduled to attend a meet and greet with fans outside the theater before the film starts. After the meet and greet, the first 600 ticket holders in line will be admitted into the theater.
Following the Fort Bragg premiere, Chan will attend a special premiere benefiting Carolina Autism in Charleston, South Carolina (CLICK HERE to buy tickets), and then will move on to Atlanta and various other locations before he wraps up the regional leg of the tour on Friday January 29th. I've even heard a rumor that Chan may just be strutting his stuff on Ellen before all is said and done. Stay tuned for more details very soon!