WE'RE MOVIN' ON UP...

Friday, January 1, 2010

HAPPY 3RD ANNIVERSARY TO CHANNING TATUM UNWRAPPED!!!!

Channing Tatum Unwrapped Header


HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

We have another red letter day in Channing Tatum Unwrapped history, because exactly three years ago today, I posted the very first article on the CTU blog.

I'm a typical Type A Personality who's always reaching for the next goal, and I have this horrible habit of forgetting to appreciate what's been accomplished. This post (although long) is where I stop and remember how far CTU has come, so bare with me folks and take a little trip down memory lane.

Just in case you missed you it, here's a quick recap on what has happened at CTU in the last year, and in some cases, since the site started....

Site Stats
Web sites are all about the numbers and here's a few that I'm quite proud of....

Posts: 748
This year I posted 346 posts on CTU and on the blog (each) and an additional 56 posts on the new photo site. As always, I want to thank readers who have taken the time to send in photos, videos, information, and fan encounters. Your contributions have been invaluable and help make this site what it is. Over the past 3 years, I've written over 1,500 articles for CTU. Stay tuned, because I can promise there's more where they came from!!!

Chat Box Posts: 575,831
Fans from all over the world hang out on the CTU CBox all hours of the day and night. You all have continued to use the chat box to make friends, stay connected, and gossip about your lives, Channing, Jenna, and almost anything else you can imagine. Amazingly, the CBox has been viewed 3,016,072 times in the past three years and averages 598 posts per day.

Visitors: 688,022
In the summer of 2008, I started ChanningTatumUnwrapped.com and in September 2009 I started UnwrappedPhotos.com. The traffic number above includes visitors to the two newer sites and the original blog. In the past three years, we have had almost 2 million visitors on the three sites.

Page Views: 1,370,114
Each time someone views an article or homepage of the sites, it registers as a pageview, so thanks to everyone who has been really busy reading what I've been unwrapping every day to the tune of well over 1 million pageviews for the second year in a row. And this number doesn't even include the hundreds of thousands of pageviews on the Myspace, Facebook, and Twitter profiles each year.

Newsletter Subscribers: 2,720
Readers who don't want to miss any of the articles or photos I post daily on CTU have been subscribing to the Channing Tatum Unwrapped Email and RSS feeds. I also recently added the new Jenna Dewan Unwrapped Email and RSS feeds for fans who want to stay up-to-date on her projects, her life, and her latest photos.

Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan-Tatum's Tweets Featured on People.comTwitter Followers: CHAN: 138,518 / JENNA: 25,589
Both Chan and Jenna's official Twitters have grown drastically this year. Chan's Twitter started out at around 100 followers at the beginning of the year. I helped Jenna start her Twitter account this past summer, and she's been great about tweeting out personal pics and photos and videos from the set of her films.

Chan's Twitter account is now verified and both Chan and Jenna's tweets are also showcased real-time on People.com. Chan's People.com profile now displays the latest tweets too. Twitter's a great way to connect with fans, so if you don't follow them yet, you should.

MySpace Friends: 70,145
It's been another incredible year for CTU on MySpace. We added another 40,000 friends to the profile. Chan's official Myspace has been viewed over 707,618 times in the past three years, and you all have also left over 12,772 comments on the profile. Thanks to everyone for your support!

Facebook Fans: 49,835
I started Channing's new official fan page on Facebook in 2008 and it's been a very active site from day one. With over 49,000 thousand fans, the site has doubled in the last year, and I'm sure will continue to grow in 2010.

New Social Networking Site and Photo Gallery:
I launched the new social networking site CTU Connect in 2009 and the new Channing Tatum Unwrapped Photo Gallery this past September. The gallery has already had over 43,514 visitors and over 167,783 pageviews. In addition to viewing photo collections, the new site also has articles that give additional detail about the photos added to the gallery.

Videos and Favorites: 239
The Channing Tatum Unwrapped YouTube Video Channel has continued to grow a ton this year thanks to fans, films, Chan and Jenna. The channel (which has been viewed over 172,408 times) went from 1,638 to 3,035 subscribers and from 867 to 1250 friends in 2009. Incredibly, fans have viewed our 119 videos over 16,130,575 times in the past three years!!

Contest Winners:
One of the things I love to do on CTU is give away prizes to the readers. We continued to have different contests each month where readers around the world have won free Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan-Tatum DVD's and autographed photos and magazine articles. We continued to have our Biggest Fan Contest, Birthday Program, and CTU Fan Club in 2009 and chose numerous Fabulous Fan Spotlighters who won custom Channing Tatum calendars. Soon, I'll announce the next big contest, so make sure to keep checking back!

Red Letter Events


CTU Webmaster Q and Channing Tatum at 'Fighting' Press JunketA lot has happened on this site this year, but below you will find what I consider to be some milestone articles or events I posted in 2009:
Thanks


As always, I want to give a huge thanks to all of you for your continued support of Chan, Jenna, and CTU. I feel very lucky to have such amazing readers. I truly appreciate the fact that you all choose to read CTU and take the time to leave comments, vote, and submit information, photos, and videos. And I can't leave this section without thanking my benefactors (aka Chan, Jenna, and Chan's family) and their films for everything they did for CTU in 2009. Because of their support, I had a lot of firsts this year...my first press junket with Chan, my first and second premieres, and my first premiere after-party, experiences I'll never forget and am truly grateful for.

2010 and Beyond

EVERY single year this site never fails to surprise me and doors open that I never even knew existed. I sincerely hope that trend continues and will work hard to make sure it does. If you all promise to keep reading, I promise to keep writing. BIG hugs to my CTU family!!

2010 is already shoring up to be another banner year here at CTU, because I'm working really closely with the publicity team at Sony for Chan's next movie 'Dear John' (which releases February 5th). We have some really cool things in the works that will bring another slew of firsts for CTU. If you don't want to miss out, make sure you follow Chan on Twitter and check back daily so you don't miss a thing!!!


Love Channing Tatum? Stay in the Know...
Subscribe to Channing Tatum Unwrapped: Email | RSS | Twitter

Check out the great DVD deals at BLOCKBUSTER Online

No comments: