WE'RE MOVIN' ON UP...

Friday, December 18, 2009

CASTING CALL: Channing’s ‘Son of No One’ On the Hunt for a “Little Tatum”

No matter how long I do CTU, I still get giddy why I find surprise emails from people associated with Chan's films in my inbox. Today was no different when I was going through my email and found one that said "FROM DITO".

The only Dito I know is Dito Montiel (i.e. the director of Chan's past and future films 'A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints', 'Fighting', 'Brotherhood of the Rose', and 'Son of No One').

In the email, Dito told me about a casting call he's holding for Chan's next movie, 'Son of No One', which will start filming in New York City in March 2010.

The production will be holding an open call for boys and girls of any race. They are looking for boys to play 15 year old versions of Channing Tatum and Terrence Howard, and they're also looking for girls who look like they're 15. No experience is necessary, but only attend the open call if you can pass for 15 years old.

The open call will take place on December 30th at 520 8th Avenue in Manhattan on the 16th floor between 3 and 7pm, and no head shots are necessary. Dito wanted me to tell you that they're looking for naturals, so just show up and GOOD LUCK!!!

'Son of No One' is about a young cop named Jonathan White (played Channing Tatum) who is assigned to a precinct in the working class neighborhood where he grew up, and an old secret threatens to destroy his life and his family.

In addition to Chan and his 'Fighting' co-star and Oscar nominee Terrence Howard (who plays Vinny), the cast also includes James Gandolfini (Sergeant Mathers) and Robert De Niro (Detective Stanford), and the crime thriller will be released some time in 2011.

As always, I'll let fans know when I learn about any future casting calls and thanks to Dito for sharing this one!!!


Love Channing Tatum? Stay in the Know...
Subscribe to Channing Tatum Unwrapped: Email | RSS | Twitter

Check out the great DVD deals at BLOCKBUSTER Online

1 comment:

Lena Ibrahim said...

Hello! Have you heard anything about call backs from the open call? Do you have any idea who got it..or if they were made? I am dyinggg to know..

Thanks!