Although it’s a small role, Channing Tatum plays the iconic criminal Pretty Boy Floyd in the historical drama 'Public Enemies', a movie that follows the true-life FBI hunt for 1930’s gangster John Dillinger (played by Johnny Depp). The critically acclaimed crime saga will be available in two-disc Special Edition Blu-rayTM Hi-Def, two-disc Special Edition DVD, single disc DVD and digital download on December 8, 2009 from Universal Studios Home Entertainment.
Both the two-disc Special Edition DVD and the Blu-rayTM Hi-Def versions include:
- Larger than Life Adversaries— Stars Johnny Depp and Christian Bale face off in their portrayals of the real legendary gangsters shown in the film.
- Michael Mann Making Public Enemies— See Michael Mann work with his cast and crew including Johnny Depp, Christian Bale and Marion Cotillard.
- Last of the Legendary Outlaws— A look at the real John Dillinger and other notorious American gangsters including Bonnie & Clyde and Pretty Boy Floyd.
- On Dillinger’s Trail: The Real Locations— Compare the real locations used in the film through behind-the-scenes and archival footage.
- Director’s Commentary—Feature commentary with director Michael Mann.
- Criminal Technology— A study of the guns from the 1930s. Watch Johnny Depp and other cast members learn how to fire them realistically.
- Digital Copy— The Public Enemies Blu-rayTM and two-disc Special Edition DVD will also be available with Digital Copy for a limited time only. Transfer the digital copy to your iPod, Mac or PC and experience Public Enemies anywhere, anytime!
- U-Control™— Universal’s exclusive signature feature puts the viewer just one click away from going deeper into the making of the film without ever leaving the movie.
- Picture-In-Picture— Dig deeper behind-the-scenes with production-related featurettes on how cast and crew brought Dillinger and his accomplices to life.
- Interactive Timeline— Follow three timelines of a national crime spree that spanned 14 months from 1933-1934 and view in depth coverage on Dillinger and his gang through archival materials, historians and family members
- BD-Live™— Blu-ray viewers can access the BD-LiveTM Center through an Internet-connected player to download more exclusive content, the latest trailers and more!
- My Chat— Use Internet-connected players to host a text chat while watching the movie with friends who also own Public Enemies on Blu-rayTM Hi-Def.
- My Public Enemies Commentary— UniversalHiDef.com and the BD-LiveTM Center together offer the opportunity to create video, audio or text commentary that can be shared with others in the BD-LiveTM community.
- My Scenes Sharing— Bookmark favorite scenes from the movie then share with BD-LiveTM buddies!
- Gangster Movie Challenge— Test your knowledge of some of Hollywood ’s most infamous gangsters, then see how you rank on the leaderboard.
Directed by Michael Mann and starring Oscar® nominee Johnny Depp, Christian Bale and Oscar® winner Marion Cotillard, 'Public Enemies' places you in the center of the fast and dangerous life of outlaw John Dillinger (Depp), whose cascade of heists, breakouts and charismatic press conferences captivated a nation and won him the heart of Billie Frechette (Cotillard) who went along for the ride. Meanwhile, at the same time, he was being hunted nationwide by crime buster Melvin Purvis (Bale) and the FBI as the nation’s first Public Enemy No. 1.
Fans can CLICK HERE to pre-order 'Public Enemies' on Amazon.com.
You can check out the action-packed high-definition trailer for the film below and watch even more clips in the 'Public Enemies' Playlist of our Youtube Video Channel.