WE'RE MOVIN' ON UP...

Thursday, July 30, 2009

UPDATE: A True Survivor…The Story of Five Year Old Summer Moll

GIVING BACK: A True Survivor...The Story of 5 Year Old Summer Moll

I'm very blessed that I get to do something I love here at CTU. The most amazing thing about doing this site is being able to help people when possible. I learned about 5-year old Summer Moll's courageous story of loss and survival through one of CTU's readers, and I shared that story with all of you here on CTU last month.

For those not familiar with the story...Four at the time, a September 10, 2008 crash left Summer critically injured when she and her mom were hit by a woman driving the wrong way on the Lee Roy Selmon Crosstown Expressway in the Tampa, Florida area with a 0.244 percent blood-alcohol level (nearly 3 times the legal limit). The driver currently faces multiple felony charges, including DUI-manslaughter and vehicular homicide.

Summer suffered a fractured skull and broken arms and legs. She has undergone more than eight surgeries, had casts on both arms, a brace on her neck, currently has pins in her legs, and has endured painful rehabilitation to learn how to walk all over again.

Summer's family recently held an auction to raise money to help with her care and mounting medical bills. As I said in my previous post…“Everyone can’t do everything. But everyone can do something.” I want to thank all of the readers that have kept Summer in their thoughts and that donated to the auction.

With everyone's help, they raised well over $50,000 and every bit of that money will go to Summer to help improve her quality of life as she works hard to rehabilitate and moves past an avoidable tragedy that took her mother, but did not take her unbeatable spirit.

I want to send a huge thanks to Chan and his mom Kay for quickly helping me get Chan's auction item donations to Summer's family. Summer's grandmother and caregiver Tammy Rosian sent this message to Chan yesterday via CTU.com...

"I am Summers grandmother and I would love to thank you and your family for all you have done. And Please if you are ever in Tampa please let us know. I would love for you to meet Summer. She is a wonderful little girl that once you meet her you will never forget her. Thank you" - Tammy

Summer's family sent me the photos you see on this post and has graciously kept me updated on her progress since I first contacted them about donating to the auction. I'm happy to report that Summer is progressing well, but she has a long road of recovery ahead of her, so I ask that everyone continue to keep this beautiful little angel and her loving and supportive family in your prayers.

If you would like to make a donation to Summer’s trust, you can do this through the office of Mac Greco III, an attorney for Summer’s grandparents and caretakers Art and Tammy Rosian. Anyone wishing to donate can mail checks payable to Tammy Rosian as trustee of the Summer Moll trust to his office at 501 N. Morgan St., Suite 200, Tampa FL 33602.


Love Channing Tatum? Stay in the Know...
Subscribe to Channing Tatum Unwrapped: Email | RSS | Twitter

Blockbuster Total Access, Many Price Plans!

No comments: